Blog for hpHosts, and whatever else I feel like writing about ....

Friday 15 January 2010

Dear PayPal: What the heck are you smoking?

With the blackhat SEO campaigns taking advantage of Haiti to infect people and rip them all of, you'd have thought PayPal would've had a little forethought before sending this out.

I must ask PayPal, what the heck were you thinking when the thought "Ooooh, lets send an EMAIL to our members, in HTML of course, to ask them for MONEY!".

Anyone ever tell you about phishing scams and the like?

Your sending this e-mail out is beyond belief. If you're going to ask your members for money, for christs sake, at least do it responsibly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting, I'm in the USA and I also have a PayPal account but have never received an email from them requesting donations for this or any other "global concern."

MysteryFCM said...

I suspected a phish at first too, but the links and headers all matched up to PayPal correctly.