Blog for hpHosts, and whatever else I feel like writing about ....

Tuesday 8 December 2009

GreatNews goes open source

Great News, my favourite RSS reader for the past few years, is going open source folks!.

I have to say I haven’t spent a lot of time on GreatNews lately. Save the usual excuses, the most important thing is how to keep GreatNews updated regularly. I’m considering what’s the best way to release GreatNews source code. Most of the code base are safe to open, but there are small amount of code belong to other people that I have to either ask for permission, or compile into library. I will try to finalize this in the Christmas break. In the mean while, let me know your thoughts!

Thanks for your support of GreatNews. I hope you will continue enjoying it.


Announcement
http://www.curiostudio.com/blog/42

No comments: