Blog for hpHosts, and whatever else I feel like writing about ....

Tuesday 7 July 2009

Avant Browser forums and it-mate.co.uk server issues

Just a note folks, Anderson, the owner of the Avant Browser server, contacted me an hour ago concerning an issue with the server. I've taken a look and although at this point I'm unsure as to how, the databases became corrupted, preventing access to the server via HTTP, and slowing access via other methods, down to a crawl.

I fixed the corrupt databases whilst on the bus on the way home (and hate the driver for driving like a bleedin lunatic - made using the mouse a nightmare, let alone the keyboard (laptop jumping all over the place when you're trying to use it, isn't very helpful)).

There still appears to be an issue with the server as HTTP access still isn't functioning properly, and I'm looking into it as I write this.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience.

Sites affected:

it-mate.co.uk
support.it-mate.co.uk
surl.co.uk
helenbenoist.co.uk
forum.avantbrowser.com
forum.avantbrowser.cn

No comments: