Blog for hpHosts, and whatever else I feel like writing about ....

Monday 3 November 2008

The Real Truth Behind The MakeUseOf.com Domain Crack

I've been seeing some crazy rumours flying around the web since last night (particularly on Twitter) about Make Use Of so this blog post is to put down the whole truth and put those stupid rumours to bed once and for all.

Yesterday, while monitoring Twitter, I began noticing a couple of people on my Twitter stream saying that the Make Use Of domain was "parked". For anyone not familar with the terminology, this is basically when the whole site goes offline and the domain is basically redirected to some "static page" filled with paid links. It took a while for me to see the parked domain on my screen but eventually Make Use Of went offline for me and I immediately lost my appetite for dinner.


Read the full story at;

http://makeuseof-temporary.blogspot.com/2008/11/real-truth-behind-makeuseofcom-domain.html

No comments: