Blog for hpHosts, and whatever else I feel like writing about ....

Tuesday 19 August 2008

Brothersoft gives an example of how best to annoy me ..

Alas annoying me isn't an easy thing to do, I'm a very patient and normally placid person, but as with everyone else - some things just get my goat, and Brothersoft is one of those things.

Long story short, I've been receiving e-mails from them for some time now, that contains;
Hello [ ] [ ]:

In order to prevent unauthorized sign-ups, we want you to confirm your registration request. Verification will allow you to access site features and information only available with registration.

Please confirm your registration by click the link:
hxxp://author.brothersoft.com/?act=Register.reg_confirm&user_name=support@support.it-mate.co.uk&vcode=16553e3a418f02ecdac3a932ade3ef21

Please do not reply to this message, as no recipient has been designated. Replying to this message will not confirm your registration.

Note: If you experience problems with the provided link, simply copy and paste the link above into the address field within your browser.

BrotherSoft Team
hxxp://www.brothersoft.com

Needless to say, I've sent them numerous e-mails telling them I neither requested nor want the account. Most of those times, my e-mails have gone unanswered, sometimes I've gotten a reply such as;
OK,removed.Please come back and check.


2008-07-24
________________________________

support_staff

My last e-mail to them however, resulted in their sending me the following;
Hello:
Sorry to inform you your account has been disabled by Brothersoft because of rule infringement.
In this period, you couldn't submit or manage your software.
If any problem or question, please feel free to contact us.

BrotherSoft Team
hxxp//www.brothersoft.com

Oh dear, they've sent me an e-mail telling me my account has been blocked for rule infringement, fantastic - but I DID NOT ASK FOR THE DAMN ACCOUNT TO BEGIN WITH!!!.

No comments: